Wednesday 9 January 2013

Teaching

I had a surprise voicemail yesterday. A familiar, cheery voice asked if I'd give a two hour lesson. Given that it's at a place where I myself have taken workshops and received much advice, I agreed without hesitation.

I have about a month to put together a lesson plan so the host can market the workshop in advance. Needless to say, the most challenging part of this will be the prep. Not being a prolific painter, I'd have a hard time making a painting from start to finish, all the while answering questions. I decided I'll likely set up works in various stages of development as well as some finished paintings and then concentrate on demonstrating a few techniques. I'll include texture, using gels, plexiglass, incorporating found objects and a little experiment at the end. 

I'm looking forward to giving back a little at a place where I've found so much support and inspiration. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment