Friday 10 October 2014

Bali

It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since I've gone. Memories of the scents, tastes, sights, connections, sounds and awe are so vivid. I've traveled quite a bit, but I've never been as emotionally moved by a place before. 

The artistic, spiritual, natural and very human-based-connection beauty of Bali is undeniable. For a long time, I chose not to write about it. It was too painful. The western culture I live in offers so many conveniences that I am thankful for, but sadly, in my experience, this same culture often lacks the warmth of human interaction and heart. Daily existence here demands repetition and little room for play.

I hold so much gratitude for Payangan and other areas I visited in Indonesia. It invited my heart to be more vulnerable and connected to beauty. For that, an artist cannot possibly find a lesson, teacher or a lecture.











No comments:

Post a Comment