Saturday 15 August 2015

take a hike

This post is for the woman that kickstarted my career. 10 years ago I sent a submission to her gallery. It was the first time I had a no for an answer. The Taurus bull in me didn't like that, so I pointed out the reasons why she should reconsider, which she did. 
A decade and over 400 paintings later, we have both grown in our paths, both personally and business-wise. To say that I am grateful for her would be a huge understatement. Now being a mid career artist, I'm enjoying an entirely different connection with her. Instead of dinner & wine, home cooked meal (by her) and a hike. 
Life is amazing. Thank you, Barbara Pelham, for being a part of mine. Canada House in Banff is an amazing place for staff to thrive, artists to make a living and probably 10,000 collectors to enrich their lives. Here's to another 40 years!


Nikol Haskova Studio



No comments:

Post a Comment