Wednesday 14 August 2013

I won't back down


I often have a title for a painting before my brushes ever touch the canvas. An idea forms based on an event, person, lesson, song, hike in the woods - you name it. From there I put my inspiration on a surface and name it accordingly.

In this case, I give a grateful nod to the song in the link below. I had the painting and wanted a title that nailed it. There are certainly many other interpretations of what happened in this painted story. Maybe you have some yourself. In either case, I hope my new creation makes you smile. Or laugh. Either would be wonderful. 


Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

1 comment:

  1. For me, this painting is about making a dream come true. Specifically, being an artist for enjoyment, delivering happiness and maybe some conversation points while making a good living from it at the same time. Many said it couldn't be done.

    ReplyDelete