Wednesday 11 December 2013

let the battle begin


Here's a sneak peek into one of my projects:

Confrontations, conversations, territory defence, bodyguards, watchers, wives, wise old men & some pissed off ones too. All part of crow's lives. 

I have no experience painting gulls - I'll get it when my brushes touch the canvas. I don't need luck because, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I have confidence gained from the works I've done in the last three years.  But, if you'd like to send some good karma my way, I'll put it on the big pile of love I've been receiving in my studio. There's a piece of it in every painting. Even when I paint an angry bird, I'm observing it and guessing the story as opposed to just painting a crow gone mad. 

Some of you that enjoy my grumpy corvids tell me that they crack you up. Well, laughing your butt off is an awesome reaction, so thank you so much for letting me know. I have much gratitude for all the good stuff I hear and often use it as fuel for the piece on the easel. 

Nikol Haskova Studio


No comments:

Post a Comment