Thursday 24 July 2014

night blooms

This one's a remake. 

I've been enjoying collage and painting combinations. The process is fun, the outcome is organic and it's a great switch up from straight acrylic or pencil. There have been a few pieces I've loved dearly - usually very simple in aesthetic and pure in message. This was not one of those paintings. I got carried away with shapes, colours and overall composition. There was no ease to the design - something I didn't see for a while. It was then called "Talking With Earth". 

Not being one to hang onto old work, I had it shipped back. As soon as I unpacked it, I knew what to do. In a way, it's the opposite of my pale background, dark bird creations. A moody light, some blossoms and a glow is what it took to make it shine. 







No comments:

Post a Comment