Tuesday 12 May 2015

pure happiness

It was. Pure happiness. Creating it was sooooooo exciting. I had done a similar painting to this a few years ago. You may remember the Chinese New Year chocolate wrappers I couldn't toss because they were so lovely. I was so into it. My hands shook with anticipation. "Hello beautiful. Let's find you some water to swim in. Also, you're a queen. You deserve more gold. And luxury. Oh, oh, something exotic, perhaps?"

Well. The last one was technically challenging, mostly because I wanted that little drop of 'water'. I did it, but it took very, very, very long to figure out how. That part came easily now, so I had to add a new challenge. What can I say - easy is just too - well, easy. Delicate paper with Chinese letters. Let me get the shimmery, golden letters to 'float' up to the surface of the resin. Will it work? Only one way to find out. In other words, take the red on red painting (which is almost as challenging as white on white, if you know what I mean), incorporate the paper (while keeping it intact), make it look good (design-wise), and then take a complete blind-faith bungee jump from a never-before-explored mountain.

The good news: it worked. The bad news: 'it', and it had become an 'it' by now, had to be photographed. I asked my photographer to give it her best shot, pun intended. "Don't worry about it if it looks like shiit-ake mushrooms", I said. Well, something like that. "I tried many different ways, including almost darkness, and I couldn't do it. Either you'll have glare and reflection, or you'll blur, or have to compromise on the saturation. I get it. Just take this one home for a few days and play." She did, and, considering the resin and number of parallel lines, nailed it better than I thought. In the end, I'm going with my own photo because despite the reflections, I find it to be the best representation of the painting. I can't put my finger on it. She did tell me she'd never take on another one like this. I don't blame her. At this point, I'm not sure I'll make another one like this. Until I do.

Manifesting. "Pure Happiness" is a little vulnerable right now. I want it to cast off all the 'hard work' that is reverberating and only have it feel like 'pure' happiness. You know. The place it came from. In the end, it's not about the struggle it became to complete it. It's about me bursting unabashed, crazy good love and wishes. Also, I adore it. Just so you know.

Nikol Haskova Studio




No comments:

Post a Comment