Friday 24 July 2015

the dream about a canoe

I wrote about this sweetie before, so here's a shortened version:

A couple of years ago, I was canoeing with honey and my son on Bow River. Although we were under attack by many flying beings, this poetic water journey remains one of our favourite summer memories. I can still hear the swishing sound the undergrowth made when it tickled our vessel from below. 


There's often a small puddle in the bottom of a canoe and so was the case that August day. In it, a dragonfly was floating. I picked her up and wrapped her in a tissue. Despite being still asleep when we got back on shore, I hopefully held on to this 'helicopter' and while I took countless photos of her, she indeed came back from her dream. I finally painted her last year. That piece found a good home in Winnipeg. I thought it was only fitting to paint her again and this time, bring the creation to Banff. Full circle, just as Nature is. 

SOLD






No comments:

Post a Comment