Wednesday 20 June 2012

An honour

Since I became a full time artist six years ago, I've had the pleasure of working with various charities. There have been few occasions that have filled me with as much gratitude, pride in my work and the sheer, simple joy of giving as the charity events that I have been invited to have. 

I create a painting out of love and with love. I give it to an organization that raises more money than the work is appraised at. I know where the money goes. I watch it do amazing things for people who really need it.

After helping Vancouver for three years in a row, I have an opportunity to do the same in Banff. I  am honoured to be one of the artists raising funds for an incredible cause close to my heart. Last year, this unique event raised over three quarters of a million dollars. It is one of the most respected art foundations in Canada. People from around the world can study at the centre because of funding generated there. I hope that in August, my donation will be part of another successful evening. Wishing The Banff Centre all the best in the upcoming season!

SOLD

1 comment:

  1. With government cuts to art programs deeper than ever, foundations like this are more important than ever.

    ReplyDelete