Friday 6 July 2012

Two

The day is almost over. I should go home, but I linger. One more minute, one more breath, one last look. The horizon is bathed in Red Iron Oxide. A little above, at the highest tree tops, it turns to Nickel Azo Gold. Still higher, the Cerulean infinity promises another beautiful day after we sleep. 

In the distance, I can hear that border collie I met last week. She's probably getting the sheep together. I slowly begin the walk back to my vehicle. Back to the veins of this rural land. The grey ones that carry the metal transportation machines much like the ones within a human body carry blood and oxygen. An artificial life line, but an essential one nevertheless.


One foot in my pewter coloured machine and an inner whisper tells me to stop. Right where Iron Oxide meets Nickel Azo, two soul mates are flying off to their nest.


SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment