Friday 6 September 2013

pretty little dirty bird

And now for something entirely different. Or is it? Of the crow family, yes, but...

Such a beautiful bird, so many hues, such colourful character. When I look at a magpie, I see nature's loveliness. This northern gem is striking. In my view, a perfect balance of soft, angelic whites, devilish blacks and, just for a rebellious touch, the satiny blues. Mmm. Add the long, helicopter tail and I'm ready to sit and stare for hours.

It turns out that the magpie, despite being so easy on the eye, is often despised. 'They' literally call this feathered creature a dirty bird. It doesn't bother me one bit. After all, some prefer a crow with its feet up in the air. It hasn't stopped me from painting her as a queen.

Nikol Haskova Studio



No comments:

Post a Comment