Saturday 22 August 2015

uncaged and blooming

I have a friend.  Let's call her Cinnamon Girl. She's been in my life for twenty five years, even when she was not in it. We've laughed together as 20 somethings driving in my Le Baron with an 8 track and our platform shoes, and when we shared stories about diapers and tamper tantrums of our babes. To say that I love her deeply would not be enough.

In the past few years, Cinnamon has gone through changes, at times hitting the deep dark trenches of raw despair. Were she to sing "Survivor", Beyonce would clap. My friend is amazing. 
I dedicate this painting to her. 

It is also for everyone that has broken their own cage, only to find themselves blooming brighter than ever before. I count myself in that motley crew. Are you one of us? Whether you are or not, may you be surrounded by kind words and love.


Nikol Haskova Studio


SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment