Thursday 18 June 2015

nourishment

I've been called the Crow Lady for a while. While I understand people's category boxes, I find it funny.   The thing is, I was in love with about-to-be-fallen trees before I started painting crows and yet, I didn't get labeled as the Tree Lady. I was simply "Oh, you're the one that makes those beautiful tree paintings". Interestingly, when I took on figurative work, no one called me the Nude Lady either.  Understandable, but I get a giggle out of it.

To be fair, the corvid affair has been long lasting and, perhaps more importantly, intense. I won't go into details as you can simply peep the pics and titles on my website - you'll get it. Here's a wrench. It's a good one in that's possibly a direct opposite to the black feathered babes in every way.  Here is to sweet, bright, cheery, delicate, precious, heart beating with joy and awe.

To think it all started with sketching with my son on my studio floor. Never underestimate the power of play.

SOLD

Nikol Haskova Studio







No comments:

Post a Comment